EV3 Battery Reader App - FREE Download
Learn about our in-house developed Android app that
reads battery voltage directly from the EV3 brick.
We would like to share with your by giving a FREE download!
Why Battery Level Reader
When we practiced our EV3 runs we kept running into performance issues. Many times, the robot
worked perfectly a minute ago, and all the sudden, it started to shake like crazy or make
unprogrammed turns. One of the major reasons that we found was the rechargeable
batteries we used for our EV3 robot. When the battery level dropped to a certain point the
robot would not be able to maintain a consistently satisfying performance.
To accurately monitor the battery level our team came up with a handy solution by developing an Android/Bluetooth app that can connects to a working EV3 brick within range and display its current battery level. It helps us to decide when the time comes to change batteries and re-charge them. It worked like a charm!
We are fully aware that our fellow robotics teams may very likely face the same problem. We want to share our app with all to help improve your robotic runs.
How It Works
- Use the scanner app on your Adroid phone to scan the QR code on the right on this webpage.
- On the Result page copy the URL.
- Open the browser, paste the URL on the address bar, and save the .apk file on your phone.
- Follow the instruction to install the app.
- Make sure the Bluetooth on your phone is on.
- Open the installed app, connect to the target active robot, and you will be able to read the battery voltage real-time.